On Wed, 2017-08-02 at 11:02 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 10:49:58AM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > I've been pushing hard to have the infrastructure changes ready on
> > the F27 timescale, because we don't like to make unrelated
> > infrastructure changes during the later stages of a release, and if
> > we wait to land the things until after F27 is final, it will likely
> > be January before packagers can even start playing around with making
> > Flatpaks of their applications, and we won't have much room for
> > improvement based on feedback before F28.
>
> Yeah; sooner rather than later seems good. Concretely, will those
> infrastructure changes be ready this month? Beta freeze is Sept. 5th,
> and right before that there's Flock.

I'm feeling pretty positive - the code works when tested locally,
it's mostly finalizing and upstreaming changes at this point.

The biggest question mark at this point is the "On Demand Compose Server" -
the code is ready to go, but it needs Patrick Uiterwijk to review it before
it lands in Fedora Infrastructure - Patrick says that he'll be able to
get that done before Beta freeze, but just barely.

It's a bit hard to finalize the other pieces without having that to test
against, but we'll figure out a way.

Owen