Il 18/ago/2017 08:41 AM, "Ralf Corsepius" <rc040...@freenet.de> ha scritto:

On 08/18/2017 08:23 AM, Jan Kurik wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Benson Muite
> <benson_mu...@emailplus.org> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible for the people who are running and have not answered
>> interview questions for the blog or have an informative profile to do so?
>> Voting is not limited to relevant group, so some information on election
>> options is helpful. One can of course do a web search, email list posting
>> and commit history summary, but this may not always give exactly relevant
>> information.
>>

> This is up to the candidates. Candidates can use i.e. social networks
> to present them self. Typically every candidate has a User page which
> is linked from the voting machine. And again, it is up to the
> candidate what information he would like to publish there. We are not
> forcing candidates to publish any information, it is their free will.

IMHO, this needs to change to make the elections meaningful, again.

Ralf

That's the same opinion which came through in the other thread.
I think we can improve that but we should not put too many requirements for
nominations.
If someone wants to run in the next elections he might have understood that
questionnaires are very important for the final result.
It's up to them to use it or not. I'm curious to see the new release of the
voting app, and we could also think to put nominees' social networks there,
just to compete all the channels they might use for their campaign.

Regards
Robert