On 6 September 2017 at 11:43, Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tom...@gmail.com>
wrote:
[..]

> 3) As long as hicolor theme is default theme updating its cache can
> still be in gtk-update-icon-cache package.
>
> What happens with other directories than /usr/share/icons/hicolor is
> in this case secondary and can be treated as an exception.
> Running above script will make updates oft the hicolor theme
> potentially longer and only occasionally it will be possible to save
> some time.
> if yes let's allow update other themes caches to packages installing
> those themes).

Just made quick check:

[tkloczko@domek SPECS.fedora]$ grep filetrigger * | grep icons
adwaita-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerin -- %{_datadir}/icons/Adwaita
adwaita-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerpostun -- %{_datadir}/icons/Adwaita
gnome-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerin -- %{_datadir}/icons/gnome
gnome-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerpostun -- %{_datadir}/icons/gnome
gnome-themes-standard.spec:%transfiletriggerin --
%{_datadir}/icons/HighContrast
gnome-themes-standard.spec:%transfiletriggerpostun --
%{_datadir}/icons/HighContrast
hicolor-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerin -- %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor
hicolor-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerpostun -- %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor

Seems like packages installing other themes *already* are doing exactly
what I've been thinking that they should be doing so updating per icon
theme strategy should be OK.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH