tor 2010-07-22 klockan 18:48 +0200 skrev Miloslav Trmač:

> I don't know whether this currently happens with Fedora, but it is not
> at all irrelevant and systemd could indeed make the situation much
> worse.

A typical problem in the past has been that starting dbus includes
looking at users and groups which means you need ldap and network but oh
wait networkmanager starts after dbus. This can cause _really_ long
timeouts during boot, basically a hang. (I might have gotten some detail
wrong but something like the above can happen. There are workarounds and
also SSSD might be better than nss_ldap here.)

So what I'm saying is, we already have this problem and it already has
to be dealt with manually by booting in single user mode or press I at
the right point during boot.

Possibly systemd will actually help, as it might make it possible that
at least the text mode logins appear even if there's a deadlock starting
some deamons.

Can systemd track dependecies (deamon foo connects to socket for deamon
bar) and detect and print error messages about deadlocks? Maybe even
break the loops, causing some deamons to just fail to start?

/Alexander