Hi all,

Short version: I am leaving from fedora to archlinux.

Long version: I really want to thank ALL of the fedora community, which
was more than friends. You have been in fact great teachers for me, when
I started to contribute the 19/11/2012 (I was 14).
You showed me not only how to contribute, but also how to work
efficiently with opensource projects. I want to thank especially the
entire french team who helped me being an ambassador and teach me many
things (not to name the main ones: Emmanuel Seyman and Jean-Baptiste
Holcroft).

I am not leaving "brutally". I will continue to maintain my packages as
long as possible and obviously accept any new mainteners [1]. For now, I
will only step back of my activities, no take in charge any new work but
finish the ones I started. I will resign of my ambassador role soon.

My reasons are diverse. I like the KISS of archlinux, their great
documentation and  their philosophy in general. Rolling releases and AUR
seems more than great to me, alongside the governance model (I don't
like the fedora one, with many instances , groups, leaders...). But, I
won't deny it, I want to learn how my system really works and to "get my
hands dirty", to learn things that fedora "kept away" of me.

BUT: I think that Fedora and Archlinux are two great distros, and I will
keep recommend fedora to new users and advanced users who want a system
with many packages and features, without getting their hands too dirty
in administration.

Please keep doing what you are doing. It REALLY matters: help, encourage
and teach new users. Freedom, First, Features, Friends, always.

Regards,
Alexandre

[1]: I maintain, in officials fedora repositories:

* adonthell -- A 2D graphical RPG game ( master f26 f25 f24 )
* amsynth -- A classic synthesizer with dual oscillators ( master f26
f25 f24 )
* hyperrogue -- An SDL roguelike in a non-euclidean world ( master f26
f25 f24 )
* opencity -- Full 3D city simulator game project ( master f26 f25 f24 )
* rogue -- The original graphical adventure game ( master f26 f25 f24 )
* tinyxpath -- Small XPath syntax decoder ( master f26 f25 f24 )
* wastesedge -- Official game package for Adonthell ( master f26 f25 f24 )

In rpmfusion (free):

* openmw -- Unofficial open source engine re-implementation of the game
Morrowind ( master f26 f25 f24 )

Feel free to ask for ownership.