On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Heiko Adams <m...@fedora-blog.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 11.10.2017, 07:53 -0700 schrieb Gerald B. Cox:
>
> By definition BETA software is never intended to be pushed to stable.  Fx
> 57 is BETA.  When the STABLE version is released, then it can go into
> updates-testing.  Not before.  Again, that is the purpose of RAWHIDE.
>
> Does this mean it's also not allowed to push packaged git-snapshots of a
> software to updates-testing because they are unreleased and potentially
> unstable?

As Adam mentioned apparently this isn't the "Official Policy".

My opinion however is common sense dictates that you don't put anything in
updates-testing unless you intend to push that software to stable.  If you
want people to test out experimental software, put it in RAWHIDE.  If it's
a git-snapshot and your INTENT is to push it to stable (for example, you're
fixing a bug) then that is OK for updates-testing.

In this instance, there is no intent to push Fx 57 BETA to stable.  That's
why it does't belong in update-testing.