El jue, 19-10-2017 a las 19:29 +0200, Florian Weimer escribió:
> On 10/19/2017 06:42 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>
> > There is long standing 8+ year old bugs we have never gotten around
> > to ensure multilib is correct in all cases. It is unfortuantly
> > expected
> > sometimes, it probably has happened a lot over the yearsm, but
> > since
> > defaulting to turning off installing multilib by default we have
> > not
> > had and issues filed in years, until you asked earlier this year.
> > we
> > may be able to resolve the issues with the move to use pungi for
> > updates pushes rather than mashing the repos.
>
> I'm not sure if it's the same bug.  Based on the reports, it feels
> like
> as if every other compose is broken.  Either we have been
> exceedingly
> unlucky the past week or so, or we're hitting some new issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Florian
Florian,

updates does not have composes it has mashes, the behaviour is expected
to be different, the problem boils down to the fact that if a package
is made multilib indirectly, i.e. it is only pulled in because some
external package that is multilib requires it, it will only be multilib
in updates or updates-testing if the package requiring it is also in
the same repo. the way we make the updates and updates-testing repos
make the repo and does multilib in isolation, without any consideration
 for what was multilib in the base repo, as it has no knowledge it even
exits,  we have had a bug open for ~8 years to fix and until this year
when you raised an issue about it had not had any reports of issues
since we defaulted to not installing multilib by default.

Dennis