From: Benjamin Nickolls <benjamin.nicko...@gmail.com>
To: fos...@lists.fosdem.org
Subject: [FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2018 Package management devroom
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:18:01 +0100

*Package Management Devroom at FOSDEM ‘18*

On Saturday 3rd February FOSDEM will host its first devroom dedicated to
the subject of package management at [ULB](http://www.ulb.ac.be/).
*Topic*

As this is the first time we’re hosting a package management devroom we
want you to bring your own take. We’re open to exploring issues around
distribution, verification, complexity, reproducibility, immutability,
versioning, orphaning and sustaining package managers as an essential
part of the open source ecosystem. Experiences, cautionary tales and ‘best-
practice’ type talks are welcome. We are also considering a panel
discussion.
*Submissions*

Submissions require a small abstract and a short speaker description
and must be submitted via the Pentabarf system no later than 1st of
December 2017.
The suggested duration for a timeslot to apply for is 25 minutes (20 min
presentation + 5 mins questions). The schedule shall be finalized by 15
December 2016.
*Instructions*
**
 1. Go to  _https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM18_
 2. If you don't have an account from previous years, register
 3. Create a new event with your title and abstract and some information
    about you, please indicate within your submission whether you would
    like to be a part of a panel discussion.
 4. Be sure to set the event track to "Package Management devroom"
Note that by submitting a talk you agree to your talk (or panel
discussion) being recorded and released under a Creative Commons CC-BY-
SA licence.**
*Important Dates*
**
- 2017-12-01: Deadline for submissions
- 2017-12-11: Talks announced and speakers notified of acceptance
- 2017-12-15: Schedule published
- 2018-02-02: Package management devroom is LIVE