On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 2:31 PM Jonny Heggheim <heg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I started playing with the pass[1] unix password manager and finally
> found workflow that makes my Kerberos workflow scriptable :)
>
> Here is an example:
>
> $ klist
> klist: Credentials cache keyring 'persistent:1000:1000' not found
>
> $ pass show fedoraproject.org | head -n1 | kinit jo...@fedoraproject.org
> Password for jo...@fedoraproject.org:
>
> $ klist
> Ticket cache: KEYRING:persistent:1000:1000
> Default principal: jo...@fedoraproject.org
>
> Valid starting       Expires              Service principal
> 11/02/2017 18:25:32  11/03/2017 18:25:25
> krbtgt/fedoraproject....@fedoraproject.org
>     renew until 11/09/2017 18:25:25
>

> Jonny
>
> [1] https://www.passwordstore.org/

Neat. I wish I had known about pass. I wrote my own in bash using mcrypt,
git, and grep.

But, I've never needed to use it for Kerberos. GOA works fine for me in
Fedora.

One alternative to using pass might be to use python-keyring to use your
passphrase in your system credential store (gnome-keyring-daemon, or
KWallet, or whatever):

$ keyring set login fedoraproject.org # one time to store
$ keyring get login fedoraproject.org | kinit jo...@fedoraproject.org