On 12/04/2017 10:33 AM, Giovanni wrote:
On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 10:20:13AM +0100, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
* rust-parallel
* parallel-rust
* parallel-rs

I vote parallel-rust. It's very clear where it comes from.

This choice is probably an interesting one: it would mark some sort of best
practice for the "replacement of Y in X": x-y.

We already have such practices in place.

Do you think we will see a lot of rust replacements for standard
utilities in the future?

Before such effort can take effect, replacing a well established package with another one will have to prove its viablity and sustainabilty.

ATM, to me personally, replacing packages with rust package qualifies as non-sense, probably based on personal preferences and religion.

Ralf