De: "Panu Matilainen"

> On a more constructive note, I'd think conceptually this might better
> fit into %autosetup territory. Have you looked at extending that, rather
> than overriding/building something separate?

I've looked at it a bit, but apart the fact autosetup is an actual macro,
unlike setup, it does not seem a lot better than %setup for my purposes.

To extend it safely and transparently I would still need to test that the
processed archive matches the archive that needs special handling, and I don't
know how to access the expanded archive name from within autosetup.

Otherwise that would just be "if processed_archive ==
%{archivename}%{archiveext} use setupargs else do the usual processing"

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot