On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 15:10 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Item 4 is the main point that has been the big ticket item that things
> > like Canonical's PPAs have hit.
>
> They also hit the Staples Easy Button about 1000 times.  If there's a
> case to be made that this should be easy to do, then we should add
> tolling to common/Makefile to:
>
> 1) make an srpm
    check

> 2) build it as a scratch build in koji
    check

> 3) automatically download the built packages
    check

3.5) Sign the pkgs with your (or someone's) gpg key
   not-so-check

> 4) scp them to your fedorapeople account

   unchecked

> 5) run createrepo remotely on the fp account

   createrepo is not fp, on purpose, this could be changed - but it's
better to run it locally, if only b/c of whatever arbitrary arguments
you may want to add to it - not to mention the memory constraints.

> 6) generate a yum .repo file for the repo and print out a link to it or
> something

   sure. - though we'd be better off generating an rpm which contains
the .repo file - so people could 'install' the repositories in the
strictest sense.

-sv