On Fri, 2018-01-05 at 14:50 +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> The tool is packaged with a default
> profile set that is fully supported. If an administrator has
> different
> needs they can create a custom profile and make it accessible in
> authselect by dropping it in the tool specific directory.

How?  The authselect(8) man page tells me that `authselect show
profile_id` will print info about the profile, but I see nothing of any
detail.  (Perhaps more could be gleaned with `--trace`, but without any
apparent dry-run option I'd want a VM to experiment.)

Looking at the package contents doesn't help much either:

$ rpm -ql authselect
/usr/bin/authselect
/usr/lib/.build-id
/usr/lib/.build-id/b6
/usr/lib/.build-id/b6/6bcffc0719e16ebb39e888f8da173aa2bd464e
/usr/share/man/man8/authselect.8.gz

So the built-in profiles are hard-coded into the binary?  I might have
expected a data dir providing these to serve as examples for making new
ones.

I also didn't see (nor did I even try searching for) any mention of the
upstream project.

Otherwise, this is a very nice write up.  I'm mostly curious as our
setup uses an openldap directory server for identity and WinAD for
authentication.  realmd doesn't seem to cover (from a very cursory
glance) that arrangement.  So I have an eye out for how to best
leverage these things, if at all.