> And also, at some point in the future once this is implemented and the
> new setup has been around for a while, systemd should start emitting a
> warning during boot, to notify people that such setups will stop being
> supported at some future point.

But your average user won't see that. For starters we have a splash
screen by default (or at least my system does) and with systemd the
boot is going too fast so I usually don't have time to see anything at
all :)

(except during shutdown, where I actually get warnings and have time
to read them even!)

When I install a port on FreeBSD I sometimes get an /etc/issue-like
message from the port maintainer giving pointers regarding installed
services and whatnots... If Fedora had something like that it could be
turn into an opt-in action: "I see that your nobody user has uid 99,
run this command with root privileges to fix that" with a link to a
wiki page warning about the known pitfalls.

However, where would you put this message? Terminal? Gnome? Spins?

Dridi