Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 01/09/2018 12:57 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>> If we update a repo for some minor enhancements it means everyone in the
>>> world has to pay for that. If we just push all those out every tuesday
>>> and don't update those unless there's something urgent we save everyone
>>> a lot of bandwith and us computing time/resources.
>>
>> This does not work in practice because there are always updates that are
>> not batched.
>
> I... have seen updates pushes that do not take place when I have been
> pushing updates, so I assert you are incorrect. True, it doesn't happen
> as often as I was hoping, but it does and has happened.

This week, there have been almost daily nonempty update pushes (listing only
the SRPMs here, and only the updates that affected me):
* Jan 10 (previous batch)
* Jan 11 (not batched, gtk3 and microcode-ctl)
* Jan 12 (not batched, kernel, dhcp, dnfdragora, hplip, webkitgtk4)
* none on Sat Jan 13 (some updates from RPM Fusion, but those have separate
  repodata, so they don't count)
* Jan 14/15 (night, not batched, bluez, python-nbconvert, python-qtconsole)
* Jan 15/16 (night, not batched, llvm with all its revdeps, hplip again)
and now today (Jan 17)'s batch includes (for me) 135 (!) binary packages
(less if you count the SRPMs, but in the end, the binary packages are what
really matter).

I don't see how this is helpful.

        Kevin Kofler