On 01/24/2018 11:18 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
It should capture all of CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS , see
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/qt5/blob/master/f/macros.qt5
where it pulls from %{optflags} and %{?__global_ldflags} as appropriate

Ahh—it's conditional whether CFLAGS etc. have been set. If they are, those variables are used, and not the built-in RPM defaults. So this part works.

I'm still concerned about the eval. I think it will cause unintended shell evaluation of the remaining part of qmake arguments, e.g.:

$ eval echo '$(foo)'
bash: foo: command not found

There has to be a better way to do this.

But otherwise, this approach looks as good as it can be. Could you document it in a .md file within the package? Then I can link to it from:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-rpm-config/blob/master/f/buildflags.md

Thanks,
Florian