On Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:02:10 PM CET Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> It seems that a lot of people have %file, %check, %build, %whatsoever in their
> changelog section.
>
> Is there any reason I should not go and automatically escape them?

There's IMO no good reason why you should.

I wouldn't use proven packager rights if the package builds fine.  Fill a
pull request if anything.

One could admit that fixing similar typos (white space issues, spelling
issues, changelog date issues, ...) is OK if you are touching the spec
file anyway because of some real problems, but even then you make the
patch less readable - and thus you raise chances that something get's
overlooked.  So I wouldn't do that.

> %check → %%check
> %build → %%build
> %whatsoever → %%whatsoever
>
> There might be valid use-cases, but I'm not sure if they really are:
> %{_localstatedir}/ft/ → %%{_localstatedir}/ft/
>
> Thoughts?

E.g. server-side git hook refusing commits "adding typos" into changelog
would solve it once and forever.  If you were able to implement some
systematic change like this then I would excuse the walk across all the
spec files to fix old issues..

Pavel