As shown at https://www.happyassassin.net/nightlies.html, we haven't
had a successful compose for almost two weeks. AIUI this is mostly
worked out now, but it raises the question: who should be keeping track
of this and coordinating fixes? For the releases, the blocker bug
process basically handles this, so functionally the ownership ends up
with QA (and the various heroes of QA who then track down all the
problems). For rawhide, we don't have any such thing. Is it rel-eng? Is
it FESCo? Is it the FPgM? Is it QA after all?

I suspect that right now, the answer is kind of "It's all of us
together", which unfortunately practically speaking often comes down to
0.02% per person and rounds down to 0.

Or if the answer is: "Matthew, you are the FPL. It's you!" … then fine,
but I'm going to then have to find some way to turn around and
delegate. :)

I was chatting with Kevin Fenzi and he suggested naming a release
manager for each release — someone who would keep track of stuff
starting at branch, and help coordinate things like this.

This would help with more than just Rawhide — I'm sure everyone
involved in the blocker bug process would be grateful for more help. At
least, if it was someone who isn't already deeply involved in that. I'm
thinking probably someone selected from FESCo — but it also could be a
way for people with the particular set of skills required here to get
involved in a way that's different from FESCo membership.

What do you think?

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>