On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 12:14:39PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-02-16 at 14:34 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> > I wish the compose process was more transparent. May be it is just me,
> > but I don't know where to start looking when I don't get the daily
> > compose report.
>
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/
>
> All composes initially happen there. Rawhide composes happen in the
> rawhide/ subdirectory. Branched happen in the branched/ subdirectory.
> Each compose directory contains logs. The usual process for debugging
> failed composes is to look at the pungi.global.log file, which usually
> indicates what the failed fatal task was, get the task ID or full task
> URL from that log, then go to Koji and look at the actual failed task
> and figure out what went wrong with it.

Thank you, Adam. That was super-helpful.

If I'm reading those correctly, all issues are due to live images,
container images or OSTree-related stuff. The composes seem to result
in perfectly fine netinstall images and they even appear to work.

Why do we block the whole Rawhide repo for weeks on that? If building
container images and OSTrees doesn't work in a reliable way, they
probably shouldn't be blocking repo composes. The failing spins
(Astronomy, PyClassroom, Mate, etc.) are already non-blocking, I
presume?