On Thu, 2018-03-08 at 10:15 -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:

> Having said that, I could see there might be a case for delaying the
> freeze before it starts, if the overall schedule is delayed for
> well-understood reasons.

This cycle was actually kind of an interesting case, because on the one
hand, there's a pretty good argument that we were in a very bad state
at freeze time this cycle. On the *other* hand, one of the main reasons
we were in a bad state is because people kept frickin' landing de-
stabilizing changes while we were still dealing with the fallout from
the previous de-stabilizing change: we've had GCC 8, various
unannounced soname bumps, basically all of nu-Modularity showing up in
the middle there somewhere, anaconda modularization, new versions of
pungi and pykickstart and systemd, and that's just the things I
*remember*. It's been something of a wild ride.

Freezing at least stops any *more* wacky new crap landing while we're
still trying to sort out the remains of this last batch.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey