On 03/04/18 21:00, Christian Glombek wrote:
> I should probably add that the actual updater program has not been shipped in
> the rpms thus far. Although I'm not sure how this affects major updates, it
> is leading to problems elsewhere (i.e. people have to uninstall some apps on
> v13 and re-install them on v13.0.1 for them to work again).
>
> And how many people actually still run NC v10?

I have two servers with NC v10 via EPEL 7 ... and getting increasingly
concerned.

I've even started considering moving those servers over to a stable Debian
release, as that environment is closer to EPEL stability than Fedora but with
newer dependencies.  But I'm not too happy about manually installing NC.

NC is great in so many ways, but the poor packaging means I'll have to rethink
how much longer I'm willing to accept the current situation.  Time is scarce
for everyone.

I don't mean to shoot any of the NC package maintainers in Fedora, I have the
impression they have and are doing what they can, as this is a community
project.  But I think Nextcloud as a company should take this matter far more
serious.  It might even be considered a business model for a subscription
service.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth