On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 12:07 PM Przemek Klosowski <
przemek.klosow...@nist.gov> wrote:

> On 04/04/2018 02:53 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > On F28
> > `dnf install php:8/server` (Assuming there's a profile called "server"
> > with the packages one would need to use PHP in a server context)
> >
> > On F29, if you have the php:7 module enabled in F28, an upgrade will
> > not switch this on you. If it's a clean install:
> > `dnf install php:7/server`
>
> after that, it'll remember which one you're on so that 'dnf update php'
> will work in either case, right?

Yes, you'll only get modules from the installed case.

> BTW, I assume it'll error out on 'dnf install php:7/server; dnf install
> php:8/server'?

No, this is interpreted as the user intentionally switching to another
module stream and will replace any packages from php:7 with content from
php:8. It will fail appropriately if you have other packages or modules on
the system that cannot run with the php:8 content, of course.