Hi Pierre,

Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 01:28:02PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 09 April 2018 at 13:20, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Finally the reason this has not been correctly announced is that we are
>>> still
>>> investigating the capacity of the system and the pipeline to check if it can
>>> handle the load of all the package in Fedora, but as said, the pipeline is
>>> already sending messages to the production bus, thus this behavior :(
>>
>> The obvious thing to do is to stop sending these messages to the
>> production bus until fedmsg_meta is updated and the update pushed to
>> production. Why hasn't this been done already?
>
> The basic answer is that I didn't have the hand to do it.
> So instead I released a new fedmsg-meta-fedora-infrastructure with support for
> these messages and deployed it in production.
> Messages about the allpackages pipeline should now make some sense :)

Is this deployed in production?  I just pushed some changes
to a fork on src.fedoraproject.org and recieved an email for
each commit that looked like this:

    Subject: fedmsg notification

    Notification time stamped 2018-04-12 04:23:01 UTC

https://jenkins-continuous-infra.apps.ci.centos.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/upstream-fedora-pipeline-trigger/detail/upstream-fedora-pipeline-trigger/11044/pipeline/

If there's a change from what Michael reported, I can't see
what it is. :)

I suspect this shouldn't be triggering at all for forks,
which I believe two open infrastructure tickets cover:

    https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/6575
    https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/6791

For non-forks, I think it would also be ideal to not fire
this off for each commit but rather once per push.

Thanks,

--
Todd