On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgr...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
>

>> ----- "Carl G." <carl.gaudrea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Well, i'm happy to be a bug triager so
>> > you can get "real work" done. /s
>> >
>> > Let me know if you need some help to
>> > make the stats looks pretty.
>>
>> Thank You Carl, this will help the community a lot and is a perfect example
>> of why public emails work.
>>

> I think what Bob is meaning to point out is that it does seem like risky
> behavior for the upstream of a core system in Fedora to stop developing it
> and start developing a new core system.  It's not 100% clear that's what
> is going on, but the thread that's been started does provide evidence that
> might be happening.
>
> Do we know if PulseAudio upstream is still self sustaining and healthy and
> that this lapse response is just a temporary thing?  It's a legitimate
> concern considering how critical PA is.

While Lennart has moved onto bigger and better things, which isn't a
bad thing, it seems that the maintainership of PA in Fedora hasn't
moved on to other maintianers or at least if Lennart is interested in
maintaining it he hasn't aquired someone to assist in co-maintenance.
Nor does it seem the case with alot of other fedora desktop packages.
If you want to look at other main line desktop packages that don't
seem to have active maintainer ship look at the webkit thread from the
last day or so. And there are others that come to mind that don't seem
to be actively maintained.

Peter