On Tue, 2018-05-01 at 21:19 +0000, mark preston wrote:
> i remember OC being very protective of their stream and not working
> well with others to get it in other distributions.  I was an oC user
> that switch to nC and still running V10.  I've been waiting for an
> update to nC and would like to stay with it even if i have to upgrade
> though 11 and 12 to get to 13.
> Is there another package out there that does what oC/nC does that
> would be a bettter fit for fedora?  i'd consider a migration to
> different product that does the same thing if it is easier to
> maintain.

OC/NC sort of gloms a *lot* of different jobs together, which is one
reason the code is kind of a nightmare. So there aren't really many
alternatives to "everything OC/NC does" (Kolab may be the closest). But
most people don't actually use "everything", I don't think, just
certain bits. So the answer is: it depends what bits of OC/NC you
actually rely on, what goals does it help you accomplish?

Personally, I replaced my use of OC/NC with a webdav share configured
directly in Apache, and Radicale (dnf install radicale) to replace the
shared calendar/todo list. But if you use OC/NC for different things,
your 'replacement' may differ.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey