On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 3:50 PM Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 03:02:47PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > Correct, this is about ensuring that all Fedora installations have
> > > access to the modules we build, but there's no change to how
> > > they're stored on mirrors, etc.
> > Ok.  Do we ever foresee the hybrid repository approach happening in
> Fedora?
>
> The hybrid approach is "things can be built as modules, but tagged into
> the base", right? What problems does this solve vs. allowing modules to
> be used as dependencies and build deps?

I think the "hybrid approach" he's referring to is having modular and
non-modular RPMs living in the same directory structure. I don't see that
being needed in Fedora at this point.

If he *does* mean the above, I think that's going to be solved by Ursa
Major (long explanation available on request), but that's probably an F30+
feature. And yeah, that will basically be allowing modules to be a dep for
non-modular content.