On 06/28/2018 08:51 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 01:29:41PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
But in Fedora land, we've spent several years selling the message "yum
is gone and replaced with this new thing called dnf". It would be
rather confusing to suddenly start selling the message "oh hey yum is
back only now it's sort of dnf but sort of not dnf".

When FESCo decided to approve that change to the original plan, this
was noted as a potential risk. I personally think that staying aligned
with the rest of the RH distro ecosystem is worth some inconvenience.
It'll make it easier to share and collaborate on documentation and
other help.

I am no longer on FESCo, but I strongly support Matthew's message here,
for what it's worth.

--
Kalev