On 28/06/18 14:09 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 1:25 PM Stephen Gallagher <sgall...@redhat.com> wrote:
I've been keeping the lights on in this package for years since the maintainer
(ravenoak) vanished from Fedora. However, it doesn't build against Python 3.7
(works fine with 3.6) and I don't have the cycles to dig into it.

If someone steps up to fix the FTBFS, I'm willing to hang on as a comaintainer,
but if no one does, I'm going to orphan it completely in about a week.

The bug is not in pysvn.  It is in python-pycxx.  From the build log:

/usr/src/CXX/IndirectPythonInterface.cxx: In function 'char*
Py::__Py_PackageContext()':
/usr/src/CXX/IndirectPythonInterface.cxx:471:50: error: invalid
conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*' [-fpermissive]
char *__Py_PackageContext()             { return _Py_PackageContext; }
make: *** [Makefile:170: IndirectPythonInterface.o] Error 1

That declaration should be:

const char *__Py_PackageContext()             { return _Py_PackageContext; }

I think Boost.Python needed a similar change to build with Python 3.7

Either patch python-pycxx to add the missing "const" or build pysvn
with -fpermissive.

Please fix the code, don't use -fpermissive (it turns off loads of
rules in the C++ compiler, so is a sledgehammer to crack a nut).