On Tue, 2018-07-10 at 15:31 -0400, Marek Polacek wrote:
> Recently a serious bug in the compiler was discovered whereby we miscompiled
> several packages. The problem only occurs in C++ programs that contain a class
> with a trivial move constructor and deleted copy constructor.  For such
> programs, the calling convention changed inappropriately, in the sense that an
> object was passed via memory rather than via registers.  See
> <https://gcc.gnu.org/PR86094>.
>
> I did a scratch mass rebuild with a specially-tweaked gcc in order to find out
> which packages need to be rebuilt.  Since the problem occurred in both GCC 8
> and GCC 9, we will need to rebuild packages in F28 and F29:
>
> ceph-12.2.4-1.fc29.src.rpm
> chromium-67.0.3396.79-1.fc29.src.rpm
> firefox-60.0.1-6.fc29.src.rpm
> gdb-8.1.50.20180605-18.fc29.src.rpm
> insight-8.1.50.20180216-2.fc29.src.rpm
> mame-0.198-1.fc29.src.rpm
> v8-6.7.17-4.fc29.src.rpm
> polymake-3.2r3-1.fc29.src.rpm
> pybind11-2.2.2-3.fc29.src.rpm
> qt5-qtwebengine-5.10.1-7.fc29.src.rpm
> cpprest-2.10.2-2.fc28.src.rpm
> waylandpp-0.2.3-1.fc29.src.rpm
> webkit2gtk3-2.21.3-1.fc29.src.rpm
> webrtc-audio-processing-0.3-7.fc29.src.rpm
>
> The problem is fixed in gcc-8.1.1-2.fc28 and gcc-8.1.1-2.fc29.  But it seems
> the F28 buildroots still have the unpatched version:
>
> $ koji latest-pkg f28-build gcc
> Build                                     Tag                   Built by
> ----------------------------------------  --------------------
> ----------------
> gcc-8.1.1-1.fc28                          f28-updates           jakub
>
> So perhaps the rebuild in F28 needs to wait a bit.

No update has been submitted for gcc-8.1.1-2.fc28. A buildroot override
was submitted for gcc-8.1.1-4.fc28, but it expired already:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/overrides/gcc-8.1.1-4.fc28

the only ways for a package to get into the buildroot are to be in a
stable update or to have an active buildroot override. So either an
update for GCC needs to be sent out and pushed stable before the
rebuilds are done, or the buildroot override must be renewed and
extended (this could be done, for instance, if we wanted to submit an
update of GCC and the rebuilt packages together, after doing the
rebuilds).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey