Hello,

I recently upgraded my computer to Fedora 28 and experienced some
strange behaviour with the cinnamon deskop when having two screens.
On the second screen there was a black "border" around windows (eg
terminals) that was flickering and expanding eg when the mouse was
moving....

This was somewhat unpleasant but manageable... Today, it started
bothering me a little, so I did a little search and found (rather easily
once I had the right keywords):

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/VA-API_1.0.0

which clearly states that for intel graphic cards, it is necessary to
install libva-intel-driver which is only available from rpmfusion-free.
In my case, it was not installed, so I guess the troubles were coming
from the software rendering...

What I find strange is that fedora 28 depends (in my configuration with
the two external screen configuration, which is probably not that
common) on something which is outside it repositories to properly
function. And the information on this new dependency is not very
explicit (eg in the release notes as far as I can tell).

I just wanted to share this small glitch for others that might have
encountered the same problem and in the hope that this situation can
improve so that it become invisible to the end-user. For example, can
the rpm migrate to fedora repos since it's free and the proper
dependency is added, so that it is installed by default with desktops
(or the desktops that need it) ? Or otherwise, fix the software
rendering (which is probably more difficult and more work).

Otherwise Fedora 28 is so far a great vintage... Tahnk you for all the
great work.

        Theo.