On 07/18/2018 02:26 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> == User Experience ==
> Currently the Fedora support for FPGAs is basically non existent.
> There's currently a few open tools for specific FPGAs. This is the
> beginning of improving this with the intention of having a uniform as
> possible  user experience across FPGAs as is currently possible.

There is zero overlap between the open tools for FPGAs and the FPGAs
supported by the kernel FPGA manager right now. You should limit the
scope of this change to the FPGAs you actually want to support.

I wouldn't actually mind the open tools getting packaged (icestrom,
yosys, arachne-pnr, abc, tinyprog) but you should be clear if you're
doing that or not.