On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 02:11:08 +0200, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:
> 2) The -get-inventory-id option creates a new inventory id (or 'group') to
> mark new probes by this id. You've created too many inventory ids per day
> and received an error when trying to create more. Usually it's enough to
> have only one inventory id.
>
> bf0a7f04b4 is a probe id (10-digit), not the inventory id. Your inventory id
> is 8557d9ad (8-digit).

How did you find out the 8-digit id?

> The command:
>
>     hw-probe -get-inventory-id
>
> creates a new group/inventory id (G) each time.

#  -inventory-id ID
#      Set inventory ID of the probe. You can get this ID
#      by the -get-inventory-id option.
#
#  -get-inventory-id
#      Get inventory ID.

From the help it looks to me -get-inventory-id should return what has been set
by -inventory-id. The text "Get inventory ID." does not suggest me it should
create anything new.

Thanks,
Jan