On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 20:13, Jason L Tibbitts III <ti...@math.uh.edu> wrote:
> but would you prefer that I append something to my machine ID
> so that I can send the others?

Yes please, just change the last two digits. I think it always has to
be 32 hex chars in size, but it doesn't have to be a machine ID.

> Simplified NVMe firmware updates would be great; I have several machines
> with Intel NVMe SSDs that had firmware bugs weird enough that I could
> install a machine using EXT4 but trying to install with XFS would lead
> to immediate FS corruption at boot time.

You're the second person to mention the Intel bug, I'll certainly
prioritize that, although I'm not super confident about Intel
specifically. Thanks for the data.

Richard