On 08/24/2018 07:42 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 05:11:28PM -0000, Jeff Johnson wrote:
Why not Haskell?

Seriously: you provide no reason for rust other than that "C is not attractive".

C is surely a reliable implementation language for long running system services.

I love C myself and spend my days writing C. But we already have
plenty of generators written in C in the systemd codebase. This is
about looking for new options, with easier memory management, easier
IO, easier error handling.

Handling memory allocation failures is vastly easier in C and C++ than in Rust.

Thanks,
Florian