On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 3:43 PM Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 8:36 AM Adam Samalik <asama...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> So... any comments to the concept? Any ideas about workflows or processes
>> of managing the EOL values?
>>

> Looking forward to this but I would say the devil is in the details.
> Packagers are not necessarily programmers (I include myself in this camp)
> although I've learned to fix lots of build issues. Whatever the end result
> is, it needs to be well documented (wiki?) and supported by the tools.

It always is. :-)

As a packager, what is your experience with lifecycles of your packages? Do
you get a specific EOL date from the upstream? If not, at what
circumstances you would retire an old version of a package? How do you
decide when to go for a new version if there is any?

And don't worry, I'll make sure it's well documented.

> I'm okay with having to create some sort of "control" file to say what
> Fedora releases should be built from a stream branch but there needs to be
> an easy template either cut and pasted from the wiki or that one of the
> packaging tools can produce.

We'll do our best. :-)

> Thanks,
> Richard