Il 10/30/18 7:13 PM, Tom Hughes ha scritto:

> No it protects against unintended exfiltration of data from
> the server - without it a random web page could have javascript
> that did a background XHR to a web site that required authentication
> and just wait until somebody happens to visit that page who happens
> to have a valid session cookie for the target site.
>
> So allowing CORS access to resources that don't require authentication
> is not normally a problem but allowing it to resources that do require
> some sort of authentication requires that you trust the domain you are
> allowing the access to.

So, for example, it is acceptable that
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/ sends a
`access-control-allow-origin: *` header because it doesn't require
authentication, while BZ must use something more granular, doesn't it?

> So for BZ I guess the issue will be figuring out if any of the bugs
> you are getting information on are restricted in any way? or maybe
> that's fine if the bodhi user has access to those bugs and the domain
> can just be validated to restrict it to bodhi?

 From what I see, if a bug is somehow restricted (like private bugs) BZ
will manage that with an error response in the json reply. For example:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/jsonrpc.cgi?method=Bug.get&params=[{%22ids%22:1641325}]

returns me a "You are not authorized to access" even if in the same
browser session I'm logged in in BZ and I can see the bug content in the
html view.