* Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek:

> Dear maintainers,
>
> I'm working again on implementing
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Remove_glibc-langpacks-all_from_buildroot.
> The first step is to replace LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 with LC_ALL=C.UTF-8
> (and similarly for LANG=, LC_CTYPE=, etc.) in all spec files. This
> will be backwards and forwards compatible, in the sense that packages
> that use C.UTF-8 should build OK on older and newer Fedoras.

I think this is a very bad idea.  The C.UTF-8 locale is Fedora-specific.
It is not upstream, and it is known to be broken in many ways.  It may
or may not match what other distributions use.

I have argued for some time that the locale must be upstreamed, but
unfortunately, I'm not getting anywhere.

Thanks,
Florian