On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 2:04 AM Igor Gnatenko <
ignatenkobr...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Duplicated dependencies is a problem because rpm-md becomes larger. If
> we would use Requires: python%{python3_version}dist() dependencies,
> then RPM would merge them and it would be fine. But since we use
> python3-foo and python3dist(foo), it makes duplicated dependencies.

An article giving instructions and creating bug reports might be a better
approach. Then if there is no movement create a PR. Should save you some
work and lets people do things in their own style. This is similar to what
Miro has been doing with the python2 deprecation.