On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 8:23 PM Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:

> Randy Barlow wrote:
> > I don't know of a way that integration is useful, but I wanted to see
> > if others thought it was useful. So, do you find it useful?
>
> I just find those notifications annoying and pointless. This feature could
> possibly be useful if it were filtered so that only activities relevant to
> me in some way (to be defined) show up (but even then, what is the
> probability that they happen while I happen to file a Bodhi update?), but as
> it stands now, the notification popups are a mere annoyance.
>
> So IMHO just drop this feature. Less code for you to maintain, and no more
> annoying notifications (about events I don't care about) disrupting my Bodhi
> usage.

Anecdotally, I can think of cases where they were useful, but mostly
by accident. For example, last week a colleague of mine happened to
notice me filing a buildroot override (which he also needed to do), so
he contacted me asking for guidance.

That said, such instances are few and far between. I agree with the
growing consensus that this is an unnecessary feature and if removing
it will make the code simpler to maintain, I'm all for it.