On 1/12/19 5:59 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 12. 01. 19 14:19, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Dan Horák wrote:
>>> This is a reminder that this begins this Friday and will probably be in
>>> place for 4 days. If there are increased downtimes, we will update the
>>> data when we know it.
>>
>> 4 whole DAYS of Koji outage are absolutely unacceptable!
>>
>> This just shows how bad an idea it was to add those exotic secondary
>> architectures to the primary Koji and to make them blocking for all
>> builds.
>> We really need to go back to building secondary architectures on
>> secondary
>> Koji instances, so that they do not hold the entire Fedora hostage for
>> days!
>
> While I don't necessarily agree with the tone or wording, Kevin has a
> point here.

I don't agree with the tone, wording or point. :)

When there were secondary arch koji's it took a number of people full
time to nurse along koji shadow. Often things would land in primary,
secondary would find a bug later and there would need to be a lot of
coordination and back and forth before things were fixed in both places.

Now all those folks can concentrate on the bugs as they happen in
primary koji, fix them faster and everyone wins.

If there were constant outages you might have more of a point, but this
is the only multi-day one I can think of, it's over a weekend, noarch
packages can keep building and if there's a security or urgent issue we
can just Exclude s390x until it's back up.

In short, I think having the other arches in the one koji is a win for
everyone.

kevin