Am 10.01.19 um 03:28 schrieb Tom Stellard:
> hsakmt and the rocm-runtime are currently packaged in Fedora, but aren't
> up-to-date with upstream.  I've wanted to package hip as well, but I've
> been waiting for hip to drop the hcc dependency since it is so hard to
> package.

Do you know when this is supposed to happen? Any public comments from AMD on
that issue?

Besides hcc might come handy in some cases. Would you mind sharing some
information why hcc is hard to package?

(Also I recently read that AMD is interested in shipping the ROCm stack in
more distros as the mainline kernel comes with the necessary bits. Maybe they
would be willing to work with Fedora make hcc easier to package?)

Generally I'd like to see ROCm support in Fedora as I think it really fits
Fedora's mission pretty well: Fedora ships very recent software so that should
be fine and in my experience very few machine learning users looking for
long-term stability. Easy installation and ability to debug issues are more
important.

Also "Machine Learning with Free Software" would make nice Fedora feature name
:-)

Felix