On Mon, 2019-01-28 at 12:27 -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:

> == Detailed Description ==
> Remove packages from the distribution:
> * createrepo
> * yum
> * yum-langpacks
> * yum-utils
> * yum-metadata-parser
> * yum-updatesd
> * python-urlgrabber
>
> All these packages should no longer be used and all software using
> them should be migrated to DNF.

I have a couple of older OSes I often need to do builds for in mock,
which OSes use yum natively. Unfortunately pyrpkg doesn't have any way
to invoke mock with --dnf, so when mock attempts to construct the
chroot it tries to use yum to do it. With this change (or indeed
already on my F29 machine without yum installed) I would no longer be
able to use fedpkg to build for those OSes.

Obviously I can work around this by invoking mock manually with an
appropriate config file, but it would be pleasant if pyrpkg was fixed
as well.

- ajax