On Tue, Mar 5, 2019, 12:53 PM Miroslav Suchý <msu...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 04. 03. 19 v 17:34 Ken Dreyer napsal(a):
> >
> > I'm there with you Richard. I don't really get how I can get started
> building a module outside of the Fedora
> > infrastructure's system (Koji or Copr).
>
> In fact, Copr support building modules for ages - even before the
> modularity has been finalized.
>
> You just create project in Copr, build regular packages there. Then you
> click on "Modules" tab, then "Create new
> module", select which packages should be part of module and submit the
> form. Few seconds later your module should be ready.
>
> Copr does not support all features of modularity, because the format of
> modules changed every few week and it was hard
> for us to keep pace. But you are simply build simple module in Copr.

What I meant was that I don't know how to do this outside of Koji or Copr.
My use cases:

* I want to experiment on my laptop,
* I want to build modules I cannot distribute through Copr,
* I have a large project with many changes every day, and if I sent all of
those into copr.fedoraproject.org via Jenkins, it could melt down

With Fedora regular RPMs, fedpkg has "mockbuild" to do local builds. How
can I do something similar on my laptop for a module?