Hi,

On 3/13/19 9:45 AM, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
* Hans de Goede [13/03/2019 08:51] :

A solution for this needs to be found and be in place *before* dropping
these packages not the otherway around.

We've known the solution for months, now.

If you (this is the generic you, not you specifically) want these packages
to be in the distribution, you need to step up and ask for maintainership
of said packages.

It's that simple, folks.

Sure I already own 150 pkgs I can take 4-5 more without really noticing
it, but I will only be fixing FTBFS errors and other blockers on them,
while at the same time they are being actively, probably better,
maintained in modules, so now we have a "kept alive as dep only" version
in base and an active maintained version in a module, this seems undesirable.

But lets get specific, one of the main issues here is all java packages
depending on javapackages-tools, which according to the top-post of
this thread is going away. Do we really want someone who maintains a
few leave packages which happen to depend on java to take this in base?

Also javapackages-tools does not look orphaned here:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/javapackages-tools

So has the orphaning of that one been undone ?

Regards,

Hans