Le 2019-03-28 17:26, Michael Zhang a écrit :
Hi

We read in the guidelines that all jars and class files should go
under %{_javadir} (/usr/share/java by default). We were initially
thinking of symlinking all the jars and class files but recently, we
thought "could we put the whole OpenLiberty install under
/usr/share/java/openliberty?" I ask because we have jars in locations
other than one folder and I think moving everything is going to be
problematic to manage.

symlinking from a shared /usr/share/java is easy, doing it the other way is not

If you don't put jars from the start up in /usr/share/java with clean naming and versioning, you and the other entities that wish to reuse your code will spend years fighting your private directory layout. Remember, sharing is a core Fedora value, putting things in Fedora without making them share-able sort of misses the point.

Share your code blocks in /usr/share/java, keep your app directory layout private.

And then if putting code in /usr/share/java, or pulling it from /usr/share/java, is painful, that means you should work with other java stakeholders in Fedora to improve the conventions and tooling used to share java code.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot