On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 8:42 AM Lukas Ruzicka <lruzi...@redhat.com> wrote:

> === A module does not have one or more of its profiles specified to be
>> the default. ===
>>

> Here, I would expect that DNF will finish with error, advising the user to
> select a profile specifically, such as using "dnf module install
>
>  === A module has explicitly set one or more of its streams to have no
>
>> default profiles ===
>>
>>  Here, I could imagine that such a module would be marked "special".
> Marking a module "special" would clearly tell QA that special behaviour is
> intented (empty profile or something similar). The DNF either should not
> list them in "dnf module list" or if listed they should have a visible
> distinction (such as "s") or something like that. We could utilize the
> difference between "dnf module list" and "dnf module list --all", that
> currently do the same job, so that "dnf module list" would only show
> installable modules, while "dnf module list --all" would list all modules,
> as the option suggests.
> If someone attempted to install a special module, DNF should not proceed
> anyhow and warn about that.

I think that would be far more confusing than the approach I just
suggested. Note that `dnf module list` will already show which profiles are
the default. If there are none, there's no need for an additional
identifier.

But I think I'm coming around to "it should reject the request and advise
you to use `enable` or a specific profile";