On Di, 09.04.19 12:54, Stephen John Smoogen (smo...@gmail.com) wrote:

> I think these two are here because of the blivet you mentioned earlier.
> Advanced partitioning requires them to be there... and there do seem to be
> people who actually do expect both of those to work on their workstations
> when it was looked at to be removed in the past.

Well, but anaconda makes some changes to the image after copying in
the OS, no? it could also do an "systemctl disable mdraid.service
--root=/installed/tree" or so if it knows that mdraid is not actually
needed...

> This is more about socializing and teaching the systemd replacements...
> because most of the systemd advocates and heavy users I have asked aren't
> sure about how systemd replaces them and go back to cron/atd. I actually
> think that the replacements seem much better thought out than cruft-ware
> but.. but I also have little confidence I could get it to work consistently
> while I can find 10k tutorials on cron.

Well, we addresses similar cases by placing README files or so in
those directories, so that people might notice if they are looking for
something there... i.e. /var/log/README is a similar case and
/etc/inittab too. I think we can do the same here too and make clear
that people need to install cronie first before these things work.

Alternatively. just drop the cron dropin dirs from the base image: if
i want to drop in a script in the dirs I should notice if I can't
because the dir doesn't actually exist.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin