On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 19:12 +0200, Martin Kolman wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 11:07 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I just noticed that Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-30-
> > 20190408.n.0.iso still
> > contains the dbus-daemon package even though we are using dbus-
> > broker now.
> >
> > I've tried to rpm -e it and it for some reason it is required by
> > anaconda-core which seems weird.
> This is by design - we decided to continue using dbus-deamon for the
> time being
> as dbus-broker required too much extra work on our side for basically
> no extra benefits.
>
> Adding Jirka Konecny who handled this on our side to CC.

Hi, yes it is exactly what Martin said.

I've spend a lot of time to find a way how we can migrate to DBus-
broker but the result wasn't something worth doing now.

The problem is that Anaconda have to start it's own session of dbus but
dbus-broker, by design, don't have easy way how to do this without
systemd running. And unfortunately, Anaconda is also used by RCM in the
environment (old chroot mock), where is no systemd and it is not that
easy to start systemd there.

The result would be to replace existing launcher and play with local
sockets for basically no benefit and broke compatibility with RHEL. The
broken compatibility would make our life harder if we decide to make a
rebase. We can do that later but for now we have a plenty of other
work.

Hope the explanation helps you,
Jirka