On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 5:03 PM Mikolaj Izdebski <mizde...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 3:20 PM Mat Booth <fed...@matbooth.co.uk> wrote:
> > Eclipse in Fedora has dropped support for 32 bit architectures. The newest
> > builds of Eclipse 4.11 for F30 and newer reflect this and are built for 64
> > bit architectures only.
> >
> > By now I have touched most Eclipse plug-in packages to limit their
> > availability to the same architectures as Eclipse itself. If you own a
> > package that is not an Eclipse plug-in but it does have a build or runtime
> > dependency on Eclipse, then you will need to follow suit and make your
> > package also exclude 32 bit architecture. If your package simply depends on
> > Eclipse/Equinox for OSGi APIs, then you might be better switching your
> > package to build against the OSGi APIs provided by the
> > osgi-core/osgi-compendium packages instead to stay available on all
> > architecture. Feel free to ping if you are unsure how to proceed.

On koschei, I'm getting the following issues for the stewardship-sig
packages (there are probably more, but builds don't always hit 32-bit
builders):

avalon-framework:
    Problem: package log4j-2.11.1-3.fc30.noarch requires
mvn(org.eclipse.persistence:javax.persistence), but none of the
providers can be installed
    - conflicting requests
    - nothing provides mvn(org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi) needed
by eclipselink-persistence-api-2.1.0-7.fc30.noarch

avalon-logkit:
    Problem: package log4j-2.11.1-3.fc30.noarch requires
mvn(org.eclipse.persistence:javax.persistence), but none of the
providers can be installed
    - conflicting requests
    - nothing provides mvn(org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi) needed
by eclipselink-persistence-api-2.1.0-7.fc30.noarch

log4j:
    Problem: conflicting requests
    - nothing provides mvn(org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi) needed
by eclipselink-persistence-api-2.1.0-7.fc30.noarch

If I understand correctly, that's a case where we should "switch"
log4j to using the different "OSGi APIs" you mentioned?
For now, I've added an "x86_64" arch override to these three packages
in koschei, so we can see if they can build successfully on at least
one architecture.

Fabio