On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 13:30, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbys...@in.waw.pl>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 01:12:43PM -0400, Robert Marcano wrote:
> > On 4/30/19 11:45 AM, David Howells wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I need to install a directory (/afs) that will be a mountpoint that a
> systemd
> > >service (also installed in the rpm) will mount upon.
>
> Nope. New top-level directories are a big thing and need FPC approval:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Packaging:Guidelines&oldid=528452#Filesystem_Layout
> (I can't find the text in the new guidelines, but the new guidelines don't
> support searching, so finding anything is PITA, so I'll just assume that
> this is still valid...)
>
> Regarding the FPC approval: I don't think it should be granted. There
> is no good reason to create a mount point like this under root. It should
> go
> somewhere under /run or /var.

Where to mount Andrew Filesystems in Linux distributions is one of those
perennial arguments... which I think we really hope will go away because
who uses AFS anymore... [turns out a lot of sites do.. mainly because they
did N years ago and don't have the forklifts to fix it. Just like ypbind...
] Conventions says it is mounted as /afs and then dealt with elsewhere but
that is also been seen as against various filesystems and such. Linux
conventions say it would need distribution approval to break the FHS (which
was last updated in 2004???) .

> Zbyszek
>

> > >What's the best way to encode this in the specfile?
> > >
> > >I did have:
> > >
> > >     %files
> > >     /afs
> > >
> > >but that doesn't upgrade correctly.  Someone gave me another way to do
> it:
> >
> > Just create it on your %install section
> >
> >   mkdir $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/afs
> >
> > and continue adding the reference on the %files like:
> >
> > %file
> > %dir /afs
> >

> > >     %post
> > >     %systemd_post afs.mount
> > >
> > >     # Create /afs directory if it doesn't exist
> > >     if [ ! -d /afs ]; then
> > >         mkdir /afs
> > >         chown root.root /afs
> > >         chmod 0755 /afs
> > >         [ -x /usr/sbin/restorecon ] && /usr/sbin/restorecon /afs
> > >     fi
> > >
> > >     %files
> > >     %ghost %dir /afs
> > >
> > >but rpmlint complains about the chown:
> > >
> > >     kafs-client.x86_64: W: dangerous-command-in-%post chown
> > >
> > >The git repo is here:
> > >

> http://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/kafs-client.git/shortlog/refs/heads/next
> > >

> > >The second patch from the top is the one that tries to fix the
> mountpoint dir
> > >installation issue ("spec: Treat /afs special").
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >David

Stephen J Smoogen.